Harmonicas are serious practitioners of service design. Each day, they push the boundaries of how to do something rarer than it should be: deliver value to all actors in the complex ecosystems people and organizations interact. They do this in deep collaboration with our clients and partners—gracefully coaching, teaching, and doing to get to the right outcomes with humanity.
Are you a fit?
Our full-time team and contract partners share a common passion for tackling business and organizational challenges through service design. But, we strive for a diversity of skills, work experience, and life experience in our practice. Interested in working with us?
Consider the following before reaching out:
- We’ve built our practice to tackle complexity with humanity. Do you get excited by finding new ways to blend human-centered design, systems design, and organizational design?
- We share our methods and ways of working openly to help service design grow and mature. Do you have a clear point of view and the heart of a teacher?
- We go wide, working across multiple industries and the functional areas within them. Do you have a desire for variety and an eye for finding patterns across domains?
- We go deep, understanding and designing for the business, operational, and cultural dynamics of organizations. Do you get excited to change a company policy as much as a customer touchpoint?
- We go long, forming enduring client partnerships that create value across many time horizons. Do you approach your work collaboratively, enthusiastically, and humbly?
What are the benefits of working with us?
YOU WILL SPECIALIZE IN SERVICE DESIGN
We lead with service design and operate our entire business around doing it well in partnership with our clients. You will reimagine existing services and create new ones. You will have the opportunity to shape strategy, define visions, design service architectures, and ensure successful execution. You will help clients build service design capabilities in their organizations.
YOU WILL GAIN KNOWLEDGE
You will be pushed to learn and expand your practice. You will stretch your skills and toolkit in collaboration with your peers and clients. You will refine and share your design philosophy through teaching, speaking, and writing.
YOU WILL HELP SHAPE HARMONIC
While our founders and team bring decades of experience to the table, Harmonic is a young company growing quickly and intentionally. Our practitioners play a key role in evolving our strategy, who we work with, and how we work. You will be a part of designing and operating a service company.
We’re in the process of expanding our team and on the hunt for experienced service designers ready to coach, teach, and do. Currently, we’re looking for both service design leads and practitioners with their own unique blend of the following:
We're looking for a serious practitioner of service design to join our team.
Some key requirements for this role:
- Must have 3 to 5+ years experience doing service design work
- Comfortable at working across the service design lifecycle, including strategy, research, experiencing mapping, ideation and concept creation, workshop design and facilitation, and service blueprinting
- Skilled and excited to both do and teach service design in complex organizations
- Consulting experience is a plus
- A degree in service design is a plus, but not required
- Harmonic's primary studio is in Atlanta, GA, and our distributed team is expanding across North America
- Relocation to Atlanta is supported, but not a requirement
- USA based and work-authorized
Let's talk about working together